Sunday, June 19, 2011

Less Than 48 Hours of camping...Guess what our Water consumption was?

So we took the kids camping this weekend.  Guess what....I tracked our water usage.  I didn't hold back the water at all...I just kept track.  Boy!  Was I surpised!

We always camp with no electricity, no water.  So we took a 1.5 litter refillable water bag to fill for miscellaneous stuff, i.e.: dishes, washing hands, filling water balloons, yada yada....We refilled this 5 times. Almost 2 gallons for the american folk.

We also took a 8 Litre bottle of spring water for drinking and cooking with.  A full 2 gallons of water.  We did bring some of this home with us, maybe a litre.

I was actually surprised by how much we used, though I have to admit I did nothing to tone this down.  We also drank other things, juice, beer, coke....

They recommend that you must have 4 litres a day to survive.  So, yeah, they are almost bang on.  Next trip I intend on tailoring our needs to meet this exactly...that will be a challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment