Sunday, June 5, 2011

Being Prepared For Any Scenario

I have been watching lots of youtube videos.  I started with gardening ideas and somehow found all kinds of stuff on being PREPARED.  Not sure how the two go together, except if the world did collapse, you may need to know how to garden to grow food....hmmmm....

Anyhow....

Being Prepared for an emergency is a great idea.  I think everyone should have enough food on hand for three months.  Doesn't matter if you think the world will end or not.  First of all, any big storm can take down the power grid.  It happened here 13 years or so ago and most people were without power for a week.  In the middle of winter, in the bloody coldest part of the year.  Since I am in Canada, you can imagine how cold that is.

Now, if that was to happen today, would I have enough supplies on hand to make it that week?  Right now...nope.

So this is my goal. To be better prepared.  I'm going to bring you along with me.  Over the next year, I want to make sure I have everything I need to be prepared for 3-6 months.  I want to make sure I can keep my family, fed and watered, warm, and of course safe.

That being said.  Sounds easy huh?  Well...it's a pretty big bill.  Are you up for it?  I'm not sure I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment